Karen's 50th Birthday

Hi everyone,

How are you this Monday?

I was asked at very short notice the other week if I had a card suitable for a 50th Birthday.   The card was for my husband's cousin and his Aunty has only just reminded his mother of the date.

I went to look through my stash, as I already knew I had no 50th cards, but I wanted to see if I could add the 50th and update a card I had already made so it could be quickly popped in the post.

This is the card I finished here.



If you've followed my posts over this years this one may be familiar to you.  I used the Baby wipe technique on it on glossy card for the front.  The stamps shown here have all since been retired with the exception of the Papillon Potpourri butterflies.

This card was a favourite at the time as I loved the colours and love making Easel cards.  The label framelits used to cut and mat the image have also now been retired, but I don't feel the card looks dated at all.  The 50 which I added was stamped with the Memorable Moments stamp set and cut out with the Xlarge oval punch.  Curly cute was the name of the Birthday greeting set and Elements of Style was the name of the floral image.  Here's a closeup.




As this card is not a standard size and required a square envelope  I went through my stash of scrapbook papers to find a sheet that would complement the card and made an envelope to go with it, shown in the pic below.




It's amazing what you can come up with under pressure and I do hope that Karen liked the card and had a fantastic birthday.

Thanks so much for stopping by.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks