Bright & Beautiful in Island Indigo





Hello Everyone,

Have you missed me?  I've been away this weekend celebrating my Sister Genie's (shortened from Genevieve) 40th Birthday.  We spent it at Stanthorpe Rocks as the name would suggest, a Rock Concert in Stanthorpe.  We had a great time.  Its set in the grounds of a Vineyard called Ballandean Estate and there was a great lineup of legendary older bands that I loved from my youth and present who are still performing and recording after 30 years or more.  Its fair to say the crowd of approx. 3000 was a little more mature than your average One Direction concert...lol  I'll share a couple of photos after my card.

Today's card starts with a base of Island Indigo which I've combined with Whisper White and Brushed Gold cardstock.  I've used the Bright & Beautiful stamp set inked with Island Indigo ink here and used the matching Star framelits and the little star punch.  I've also used border punches to scallop the edges of my Brush gold, Scallop border and Dotted Ribbon.  Come and have a look at my card.



Its another CAS style, but I don't mind that when I'm pressed for time.  Would be easy to produce extra of these in a production line, if need be.  Here's the finished card below.




There's a tiny pearl in the very centre of the star to finish the card off.

As promised, here are a few photos from the weekend, both of our group, and some of the acts at the concert we saw.  What a great way to celebrate Genie's 40th (and a belated celebration for our 30th Wedding Anniversary).  Its something we thoroughly enjoyed and won't forget.


 My youngest Sister Genie and myself before we left for the Concert and pics in our ride to the venue.
Below is the band 1927, it was not the first act of the day, we were still lined up outside.  These guys were the 2nd act.


Next were the Eurogliders featuring Grace Knight, I thoroughly enjoyed them and was right at the front of the stage.

The next performer was Russell Morris - so cool


Joe Camilleri & the Black Sorrows


and last but by no means least - Leo Sayer


He opened in that silver jacket, but he wasn't wearing if for long....lol record temp for November, so hot.
I hope you enjoyed seeing a few pics from my weekend.  Have a great day.






Comments

  1. Fab card.
    Looks like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time you had. Loved all the acts you saw (my era too). And a lovely way to celebrate you 30th Wedding Anniversary. Very memorable. Vx
    Oh yes and the card is lovely using my favourite stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks