Happy Father's Day Star Topper Easel card + some more Beautiful Birthday cards to share

Hello Everyone,

Its quite cool and windy here for a Thursday.  How's the weather going in your neck of the woods.  Its still Winter, but this has been a cooler day here that most of the week.  I must share that I received more happy mail this morning when I went to the Post Office.  I'm having one of those fabulous birthdays that has stretched beyond the weekend and have been in celebration mode for over a week now.  Its great to receive mail that you actually want to open.  Thank you Jan, for today's mail which put a smile on my face.  I'm going to show more photos of the cards and gifts I received from some friends at the bottom of this post, once I've showed you today's Father's Day card.

You may have noticed from yesterday's post that I now have the Star Framelits.  Well I've used them again to create a Star Topper Easel card which I've combined with Rev up the Fun (retired) stamp set, a great set for males.


The cardstock used is Bermuda Bay, Basic Black and Whisper White.  I've cut the DAD letters using the Little Letters thinlits and used the  Arrows embossing folder on the background.  Here's a side view of the easel so you can see how the card sits.


These Easel topper cards are quite a simple fold, with the base card folded in half, then the top folded in half again.  I stamped the Car image from Rev up the Fun onto Whisper White card with Stazon black in and handcut it out, raising it on foam.  Here's the full view of the card.


Its a little different, and granted, it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I am hoping a younger hip Dad would enjoy the uniqueness of this card.  I love the colours, they are so striking.

Next, I promised a couple of days ago I would be back to share some more of the beautiful handmade cards I received for my birthday, as well as some of the gifts, so that others can also appreciate the talent and work that went into the creating of them.  I really do have some very talented crafty friends.


How beautiful is this card.....and in my fav mauve colour, so so pretty with that Vintage Wallpaper embossing and lace edging.  She also gave me a cute & practical gift.


Perfect, don't you think?

Next, I received this lovely Suspended butterfly card from Marian


That butterfly is so delicate.  As well she gave me some beautiful butterfly themed gifts.



Among other things there was this beautiful butterfly print Vase above which was wrapped and put in the bag.  Thank you Marian, so thoughtful.

I received this card from Naomi 


Funny story, this card was made in one of my classes I taught many years ago.  Yes, she made it, I taught her and she saved it for years, only to then give it back to me.  Ahh memories.....Lol.

Here is the card that I received fro Jan in today's mail, super excited about this one, because it features brand new products that I have yet to try.  Beautiful bloom.  Thanks so much Jan.


Of course the addition of a butterfly was the perfect touch for me.  Its a lovely card.  Now I have one more photo to share.  I took a group shot of all of them, including some I showed you a couple of days ago.  What an array of lovely cards and pressies I received from some very talented ladies.  Thank you all.



Thanks for stopping by today.  See you again soon.



Comments

  1. Hi Carolyn, so glad you've had a full Birthday week! And it's such a pleasure to send you a card :-) What a wonderful collection of cards and gifts ! Enjoy :-:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks