Another Butterfly Birthday card

Hello Everyone,

Its the weekend, yippee!!

My 15 year old daughter is going out tonight with a group of work friends (first time ever), and I'm a little nervous about it.  I am an over protective Mother I'm told.  I never let her do anything, apparently.  They are going out for dinner.  I hope the girl picking her up is a good driver.  I sound panicky don't I?

Onto today's card.  I'm still awaiting a new product order and still using up some retired papers in the meantime.  This card features a strip of Winter Frost specialty patterned paper which I've cut into a banner on this card.  I've also used a fav Butterfly from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set layered and set onto a background cut with Deco Label framelits and stamped with the Work of Art stamp set.  Come and have a look at my cool butterfly.




The cardstock used is Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana and Whisper White.  The smoky slate layer has been embossed with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder and the Birthday greeting comes from the stamp set Itty Bitty Banners.   What I really like to do with my butterflies is layer them up, so I've punched an extra plain one as a shadow out of the Bermuda bay card punched with the Elegant Butterfly punch.  I've taken a photo so you can see this a little better.



The final photo shows the full card below.




This was another simple card that I made quite quickly, but overall I'm pretty happy with the end result.  Have a lovely weekend.



Comments

  1. Gorgeous card. Love this colour combo.
    Hope dinner went well - if it helps your not the only Mum protective mum :) Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks