An Early Mother's Day card

Hello Everyone,

It's Sunday here and it's been cooler with some showers about.  Thank goodness for that.  We need the water.  Our tanks are very low.

For today's card I wanted to try out a new stamp set I have called My Mother.  It has a large Mother's Day greeting in the set which I wanted to try out with some gold embossing powder.  I've gotta say WOW, so happy with the results.  This stamp will come in handy for Mother's Day, which isn't until May.  However I do like to  be prepared.  Here is that greeting on my card.


I've cut it out with the Heart collection framelits to layer in up on my simple card below.



I've made a square card today with cardstock of Crisp Cantaloupe, Brushed Gold and Whisper White.  The patterned paper is from a pack called Watercolor Wonder.  The blooms featured are perfect for Mum.  I added some of the ruffled ribbon around my heart shape.  Because its gathered and stretchy, its perfect for going around shapes like this.

So what do you think of today's card?  I would love some feedback.  I'm quite happy with it but am always glad to hear from you and get your opinion.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


Comments

  1. I love the ruffled ribbon. And I just have to get some of the gold card stock and the watercolour wonder dsp! sigh. (gotta wait till April for my next order). Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks