One Layer Valentine for the Paper Players Challenge #179


Hello Everyone,

How are you today on this Happy Tuesday.

This weeks challenge at the Paper Players is to create a Single layer Valentine's Card. 


The card I've created is Whisper White and uses some of the new gold washi tape and a Chalk Talk Tag.  The accents are created with Raspberry Ripple, Coastal Cabana and Gold Foil Card.  Here is my card.

Something I rarely do is stamp directly onto my card base, so I do find a One-Layer card quite a challenge as I'm usually all for adding layers.  I used Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with Coastal Cabana Ink for those little splashes and added more touches of Coastal Cabana with the heart punch and tiny butterfly from the Beautiful Wings embosslits.  The Raspberry Ripple tag from the Chalk talk set was stamped with Whisper White Ink and the Espressions Thinlits "Love" was cut from the Gold Foil. 


The Gold Washi is called Watercolour Wonder Washi and is available in the new Occasions catalogue available from 28th January.

Thanks so much for stopping by today on this Happy Tuesday and please feel free to leave me a comment so that I know you've been.  I love hearing from you.




Comments

  1. Hi Carolyn! Your card is very pretty, but our one-layer challenge really means that you are not to have any other cardstock on your card except the card base. You can check the challenge for a better explanation. The washi and stamping are fine though! I guess some stampers were a wee bit confused as they added layers too. I love the "love" sentiment in gold though! We thank you for playing along nonetheless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, LeAnne. Sorry I didn't follow challenge criteria. I'm happy with my card anyway. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks