Best Wishes for Today's Card

Hello Everyone,

How's it in your neck of the woods.  It's very warm & humid here on the Sunshine Coast today.  We had a bit of a slow start to our day this morning after our late night home from the Dance Concert that our girls performed in.  I can tell you, it was excellent and I'll pop some pics of the girls in below after I share today's card.

With Neil home, I was prompted to make my card using up some of the clutter on my desk, so it's quite a variety of different elements which I've layered onto a base card of Bermuda Bay.


The base card was stamped in Stazon Ink with Layered Labels stamp set and I've then added a Smoky Slate circle embossed with Square Lattice embossing Folder, a Basic Black rectangular panel embossed with Lacy Brocade Embossing folder.  I have a Chalk Talk stamped tag with a layered Butterfly from Papillon Potpourri on that and some Vellum Little Leaves with Simply Pressed Clay flower and butterflies and finally a Ticket tag with the Best Wishes greeting stamped on it from the Petite pairs stamp set.  The Ribbon used under the greeting was Whisper White Grosgrain which I coloured with the Bermuda Bay marker.  Here is a closeup of the butterfly and layers.


I can tell you I still have plenty of leftover bits on my desk for future cards.  While I think I used lots on this card, its not a fraction of what is actually on my desk, LOl!.

We couldn't take photos of our Girls while they were performing.  Photographs are prohibited inside the theatre as they film the Concert for Dvd, but I did take some shots beforehand, some at home when the Girls had their makeup on and ready in their first costume before we left and in the carpark of the Civic Centre before they entered.




We had a bit of a wait before we were allowed in to our seats, which was fine, because we got to chat with some friends while we were waiting, and I've got to say even Neil enjoyed himself, LOl!.

They put on such a great show.  So proud, they looked gorgeous.

Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow.


Comments

  1. Hi Carolyn, I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful pictures (and your quick cards too)!!! See you soon then! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, your daughters are absolutely Beautiful Girls, truly so! What a joy to see them "in real time," too! They are beautiful! They look adorable in their costumes too and I am positive it was a wonderful production! What fun to see what you were in for! Lovely that you enjoyed catching up with others as did your husband, too (what's better than that? LOL)!
    Your card is BEAUTIFUL also, I Love it! How's that for using bits laying around your desk??? Great job and card!
    Thank you for sharing everything with us; such a gift given and received!
    Keep enjoying your life! I look forward to what comes next! Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos of the girls. They look so grown up don't they. I am sure they did a wonderful job dancing for everyone. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks