Happy Anniversary for Create with Connie and Mary - CCMC271

Hello Everyone,

There's a cute sketch challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary this week.

CCMC271
I've decided this sketch would be perfect as an Anniversary card to my Husband.  It was our 29th Wedding Anniversary yesterday Oct 6th but as he is currently working away at the other side of the Country in Western Australia, we missed this one together this year.  He will be flying home later in the week.  I wanted my card to be simple, elegant and also a little masculine.  I thought the Modern Medley striped paper from the pack fit the bill.  The base of my card is Basic Black with a layer of Very Vanilla card to mat the pattern papers.  The stamp set is called Memorable Moments and I've used the Label Framelits to cut out the stamped image.  I cut an extra layer with the framelits from Black card and embossed with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.


I've bannered the Happy in the greeting with the Bitty Banners Framelits and added a couple of little punched hearts which came from the Owl builder punch.



Here is a closeup of the framelit panel.

Hope you all have a lovely day and you've enjoyed stopping in to see my card.  Love to hear your comments.  Thanks and bye for now.






Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary.

    Fab card. Like the combo of black and white with a touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Happy Anniversary! Your card is very beautiful and yes, elegant too. I love how you angled the sentiment and added the hearts. Simple but effective. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and vanilla with that pop of read is so classy! Love that color combo! I really like this as an anniversary card and I think the color combo is masculine with just a touch of the gushy stuff! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Lisa. Gush would not suit my Husband at all, LOL!

      Delete
  4. What a very striking card! Such classic colors and that bit of red really pops! Love how you off set the label! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have hit the nail on the head with this one Carolyn. It is both elegant and manly. Brilliant.Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful anniversary card for your husband! Love the contract of the strong straight lines with the curvy diecut and the greeting at an angle! So smart! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just wonderful! And I love your little pops of red on there...just perfect! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the lovely comments, Ladies. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks