Create with Connie and Mary CCMC268


Hello Everyone,

I've missed challenges over at Create with Connie and Mary the last few weeks, but I'm pleased to report there is a colour challenge this week, which caught my attention.

These are the colours and are so up my alley, right?  I love the pastels.  Normally I'd do flowers or butterflies with these pretty colours, but I'm going to surprise you all.

Today I'm using the colours to create Christmas Cards.  Who'd have thought about this combination for Christmas.  Not my norm, but I'm happy with these pretty cards, nice and frosty looking.  We have nothing that closely resembles a Frosty Christmas at all in Australia.  It's quite the opposite, however I do like these cool results.

Here is the one I'm entering for the challenge.  It uses a combination of stamps from Winter Post (retired) and Evergreen (carryover Christmas Flyer).


I've added one of the Frosty Finish embellishments to a banner at the top of the card and I've coloured these skaters with blender pens.  The base of both cards is Pistachio Pudding and the dsp is from the pack Afternoon Picnic.  Here are some closeup shots.



I hope you love these pretty colours as much as I do, because I made a second card with them.  Here is the next card I made while all of my supplies were handy.  I've used the same stamp sets as above just substituting the colours and images, going with the reindeer this time instead of the skaters.


and this time I've used the Snow Flurry die.

 I don't think you can have too many Christmas cards on hand in the lead up to Christmas.  What I don't get to use myself I donate for use by Australian troops who are stationed overseas.

Please feel free to leave some comments on my work, and have a great week.



Comments

  1. Very nice how you've combined different stamp sets to create this adorable scenery! So glad you joined us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, I'm glad to be back playing again. Pretty colours this week. Carolyn x

      Delete
  2. These stamps look so pretty in these challenge colors, and they do have a very "frosty" cool look!! I love that Winter Post set! Beautiful cards for the challenge! Thanks for playing again with us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind this colour combo for Christmas either Carolyn. They are lovely. Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, something different for Christmas that I wouldn't have normally tried.

      Delete
  4. I love both versions of your cards for the challenge! This works great for non-traditional Christmas/Winter cards! Winter Post was always one of my favorite winter sets...I had never gotten it and not it's retired. Very nice job! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa. They certainly are pretty colours.

      Delete
  5. Wow...these are gorgeous! I love the colors for your winter cards! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Connie. It was a pleasure to play with these colours this week.

      Delete
  6. I love both cards! Your details in the upper corners are just perfect! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful!!! I love both of your cards and love how you used these colors for winter cards! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love BOTH your cards! I never would have thought to combine all of the different images together into one card - genius! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks