A Rich Colour

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to make a few cards, just for fun which were inspired by my recent visit to my Hairdresser.  If you think I've changed colours you would be right, and it's a big deal for me.  A change is as good as a holiday, they say.  Not too sure what the husband will think.   While the cats away, and everything.

This is the first one

My base card is Rich Razzleberry which I've layered with Whisper White stamped with the Delicate Doilies stamp set and embossed with Fancy Fan Embossing folder.  I've added tags from the Chalk Talk bundle with the stamp also in Rich Razzleberry Ink and a Basic Black embossed tag with the doilies stamped on the background with Basic Gray, Razzleberry and Perfect Plum inks.  I little Simply Pressed coloured flower (compliments of Deb Blake's birthday gift) was added to my ribbon bow.


The next card is a Christmas Card.  Don't you just love to break out in some non traditional colours sometimes for Christmas?  Every now and then I do.  Again my base card is Rich Razzleberry and I've teamed it with Basic Black, Whisper White, Perfect Plum and Silver Glimmer.  I've used 2 stamp sets on this card.  The first is a new one from the Holiday Catalogue called Merry Little Christmas.  I've stamped this on White with Razzleberry Ink and cut it out as a tag with the Deco Label framelits and topped it with a little bow from the fine Silver ribbon also in the catalogue.  The second stamp set used is Christmas Lodge.  I've taken the large tree from that set and stamped in Perfect Plum ink onto the White card and edged the card with a punched border of Perfect Plum and mat the piece onto Basic Black.
Here it is.
I've also coloured the Glimmer Star on the top of the tree with some Razzleberry Ink and a dauber before I punched it out with the Bitty Star punch which comes in the set of 3 mini punches (last year & on the carryover flyer).


I do love all these colours together.  I hope you do too, and you've enjoyed seeing my cards today.  You're going to have to guess now, what colour is my hair?  Lol!  I hope I haven't given too much away.

Have a great day.


Comments

  1. Lovely Carolyn! We were apparently of the same mind yesterday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards.
    Just had a bit of colour added to my hair this week too! To manage the other colour I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know the feeling well Vicki. This colour was a bit of a departure from my normal brown that I usually get.

      Delete
  3. Both terrific cards but I really love the Christmas Tree one. (am partial to Christmas trees hehe.) Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, I'm pretty partial to Christmas trees too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks