For my followers & US Friends

Hello Everyone,

As well as posting a card today I thought I would share a few of the things around me, that make where I live the most tranquil & serene place and such an inspiration to me.  Australia is a beautiful part of the world and where I am in Queensland is a popular holiday destination with interstate and overseas visitors. Also I'll share a few things that are distinctly Aussie.  I know you all out there are jealous.

Here is today's card.


I've used a combination of Strawberry Slush and Smoky Slate on this card.  The image was watercoloured with blender pens and markers and the background with aquapainter and smoky slate ink.  The stamp set is Simply sketched and the background stamp is Positively Chevron.  My US friend encouraged my purchase of that background stamp, he is such an enabler.  Thanks Justin.

Here was the inspiration for the flower, straight out of my front garden.

Next I have a few photos from the front of our property from the main road up to our drive.
This is what you look out for when driving along the Noosa-Cooroy Road.  My husband made his version of "Bender" from recycled materials from the tip.
This is the entry, hidden from the main road.
This gorgeous bush in my favourite colour right beside our front gate.


Here are some visitors in the backyard that we see often.



We have a very large backyard beyond the fenced off house area, LOL, about 160 hectares.
Here are a few more photos in the backyard.  These are for my girls.
And their pet guinea pigs


Thanks very much for stopping by.  I hope you've enjoyed a few pictures from around my place.  Please feel free to drop me a comment while visiting me, as I love to hear from you.

See you next time.  Have a great weekend.

Comments

  1. I love the card! And yes, I am an enabler! Thank you for sharing the pictures from your beautiful world. It really is very pretty there. Bender is great and the flowers are just beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justin, nice of you to drop by and leave me a comment. Carolyn x

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, Carolyn! Your property (home area) is beautiful, it's like a paradise! Your front gate area is gorgeous and lush. I never realized Australia was lush like that as I'd traveled to places like Ayers Rock and then to the cities (Brisbane, Sydney) (and of course, to the Great Barrier Reef)!! I'm truly surprised but it's a glorious feast for the eyes! Love your kangaroos too, that is crazy-silly to me. Us? We can see horses or cows, but they're not roaming freely. :) Your flowers are beautiful... and so is your card, of course! Hubby did a great job on Bender, I laughed!! Thanks so much for the sweet peek into your world, I love every photo! Cheers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I'm so glad you liked the photos and saw a little glimpse of what surrounds me every day. Australia is a pretty vast country of extremes. We get lots of rainfall where we are, as opposed some of the inland and Southern parts.

      Delete
  3. How do you find time to craft with such a large property! Fabulous (the card and the property). TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, you are funny, my husband also wonders the same thing and it's usually because I've skipped the housework. Do not call in without some warning, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Don't believe her everyone! Her house is SPOTLESS!! Neil was showing his creative side when he made Bender. Very clever. This is a great colour combo and I am loving the Chevron. Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, thank goodness you weren't here very long, you didn't open any doors that hid rooms I didn't want you to see. LOL!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks