Backyard Basics with some Washi

Hi Everyone,

How are you going today.  I've been playing with some Washi Tape the last few days and have a couple of cards to share.  Washi tape is a product we will be playing with in my next class.

Backyard Basics is a set I've been wanting ever since my friend Justin of JK Cards posted this card on his blog.  I really liked it, especially his use of the cute bee.  Thanks for the inspiration, Justin.  Well when my order finally arrived I couldn't wait to play.

This stamp set  Backyard Basics also has matching framelits and I've combined with my Six Sided Sampler stamp set and matching Hexagon punch.


The patterned paper I've used comes from the pack Eastern Elegance.  Here is a closeup of my coloured bee.


The cardstock used is Soft Sky for my base, Basic Black, Smoky Slate and Whisper White. I've used Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry and Soft Sky to colour my bee. You get a more subtle effect of the washi tape when placing it on a dark coloured card like this.  You will see on the next sample how vibrant the tape can be over a white base.

Here is the second card I've made and please excuse the fact that I've changed camera's to try this one out.


Same stamps except for the greeting which is from the retired set called Well Scripted and the cardstock this time is Smoky Slate, Whisper White and Daffodil Delight.  Here is a closer look at the bee.


Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to.  Have a great day.

P.S.  Should be some extra special posts tomorrow.  Stay tunned.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks