An Early Happy Father's Day

Hello Everyone,

We are celebrating Father's Day a little early in our household here.  My girls woke up their Dad quite early this morning to celebrate with some gifts, and gave him a quick card that I finished last night.  The reason being, we are off to the airport this afternoon to see him off for 4 weeks as he flies out from Brisbane  to Perth for the first leg of his journey tonight.   He's off to WA for a new job and it's a 4 week on shift and 1 week off.  Western Australia is across the country some 5,000 kms from where we live on the East Coast of Australia.

This is the card I made using some Watercolouring.  I really didn't like the image at first, but when you take off your glasses, I looks like a painting and I really started to warm to the image and the coloured looking background.

I've used the Wetlands set again and stamped the image in Early Espresso.  This is why the image bleeds.  If you want a crisp image instead of this water painting look, stamp with Stazon ink.  I've also used the Woodgrain Embossing folder all over the background and the frame is cut with the Deco Label framelits.


The cardstock used is Soft Suede, Pistachio Pudding and Very Vanilla.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you have a wonderful Father's Day with your Father/Husband this Sunday.


Comments

  1. I like the woodgrain ef being repeated on the framelit as well as the card. Blends in nicely with the watercolouring. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks