Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #39



Hello Everyone,

As its Wednesday, its time to welcome you back for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge which is a Mother's Day Theme.  I really love this versatile sketch Pam gave us to work with this week.  I've already made 2 cards with it, and hope to use it again. 
videogram cover image
I would love to see more of you join in with our challenge and can't wait to see what you do with the sketch.  Pop on over to see some inspiration from the Design Team at the Paper Craft Crew.

Both of my cards featured here use Blooming with Kindness, Well Scripted (retired) stamps, Lots of Tags die, Oval punch and Fan Fair Designer Series Papers. 
This is the Not Quite Navy version
After I stamped the bloom, I sponged it with more of the same ink using a circular motion, but that's not all.
Can you see the sparkle from the Shimmer mist on the Bloom image?  Its made by mixing Rubbing Alcohol with some shimmer paint into a spray mister.


I've added some more vintage charm to this card by using lace from the Artisan embellishment kit from the Seasonal catalogue and a piece of  jewellry, which was an old clip-on Earring which was broken.  It's mat with the largest flower from the Boho Blossom punch.


Next, I can show you the Bravo Burgundy version I've made of the same card, with some slight differences.

I've used Framelits Die around the main image and mat it onto Brushed Gold and I've dyed one of the Flower Trim with pink by putting some drops of Primrose Pink reinker into a mist bottle and spraying and I've added pearls this time.
I really love the effect of the sponging over the stamped image.  What do you think.  I'm sad about 2 of my favourite colours being retired - Bravo Burgundy that is my base of this card and Not Quite Navy on the card above.  They are 2 colours that I like to use often.  I know that everyone doesn't share the same opinion, hence probably why they are being retired.  We have the new colours to look forward to soon.  Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same things?
Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you again soon.  Please leave me a comment, so that I know who's been visiting.  I really appreciate you doing so.  Hope you have a fantastic day.

Comments

  1. Lovely Carolyn. I really like the blue too! I'm hoping I like the new colours just as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fingers crossed Vicki, from the sneek peaks I've seen so far, I like the new in colours

      Delete
  2. We need that lace in a roll!! haha. I love your cards especially the blue. That little piece of jewellery really makes it and is such a clever idea. Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be nice, but I wonder how expensive per metre it would work out to be. I'm taking both to class and they are making the Burgundy one and if anyone asks for the lace on the blue I will suggest they buy their own Artisan Embellishment kit.

      Delete
  3. Lovely cards Carolyn, 'specially the Not Quite Navy. (Blue is always my favourite colour)but I do like the flower on the square/rectangle piece too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks