Just Add Ink challenge 163

Hi Everyone,

The challenge this week at Just Add Ink is to Just Add a Fun Background and the design team have some fantastic samples for inspiration.  This week I wanted to use a background of pretty butterflies.  Some are stamped and some are little diecuts using the Beautiful Wings die which I've adhered over the stamped card, then put through the Square Lattice Embossing folder for the Inlaid Embossing technique.

These butterflies are a little busier than my usual style but I hope you think this is a fun background with my butterflies flying off in all different directions. 

Here's a closeup 
The stamps used are Bloomin' Marvellous from SAB, Elegant Eleanor for the flourish and Curly Cute for the Greeting.  Cardstock is Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White.  Inks used are Melon Mambo, Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight 

I think this card will be suitable for a young person, probably one of my daughters friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please feel free to leave me some comments.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful bright card. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Carolyn! I nearly used this technique myself this week; it gives a fabulous result, doesn't it? I love all the bright, beautiful butterflies on your card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing. This card would be great for a young girl/teen card. (and I have a few coming up! how handy.) Love the multi coloured butterflies it is such a "happy" card. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - I love all your colours and swirls. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've created your fun background with all of those gorgeous butterflies Carolyn! Such a pretty combination of colours (you need to teach me to combine all of those fab colours!) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your lovely comments, Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love all the bright pops of colour from the butterflies swirling across your card Carolyn! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks