Create with Connie and Mary Colour Challenge #246

Hello Everyone,

We've had rain and showers here once again the last few days so thats allowed my a little stamping time today.  I've decided to play along with the colour challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary

Here are the colours for the challenge
2013 Thursday Challenges-009


Together these are quite strong colours, so I wanted to team them with white.  Here is my card below using the Sale-a-bration stamp set Bloomin Marvelous and Papillon Potpourri butterfly stamp set.  My base card is Naturals White with my stamping on Whisper White which was then embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  Flowers and leaves have been stamped with the challenge colours, some were stamped off to create softer shades, before embossing. I've added a border strip of Island Indigo card with Lace Tape over the top.  I've stamped & cut extra flowers with Calypso coral raised on  foam dots and added some layered butterflies both in Real Red and a larger one in Calypso Coral which have been blinged up with our Basic Rhinestones.

Here is a closer look to see the butterflies better


and again


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate your comments.  Have a great week.


Comments

  1. Carolyn, Beautiful card as always & I am so glad to see your butterflies are back! Thanks so much for your kind words you left on my blog. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend & hope you are ok. xx Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cascading butterflies and flowers! And I love how you textured the stamped piece! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Carolyn. This is really lovely! You created so much depth to your card with the stamping off, embossing and the blinged up butterflies. Again - really lovely card! Thank you for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty...looks like one of my grandmother's tablecloths that she only used for special occasions. I always love it...it was linen and the embossing folder you used gives this a linen look. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA!!! This is just soooo wonderful! I love how you added so much texture on your card with the embossing folder! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This really is BLOOMIN' MARVELOUS!!! I love the look of the stamped/embossed background! Thanks for playing along in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to add the textured background over the stamped images! Pretty card! I love that set and will miss demonstrating with it now that SAB is over! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks