The Paper Players Challenge #135


Hello All,

This week there is an interesting themed challenge at the Paper Players from LeAnne, "In Stitches".




I've used Artisan Embellishment kit, Top Notes Die, Bitty Butterfly punch with Bloomin' Marvellous matching butterfly image, Blooming with Kindness stamp set, Crystal Faceted Button which I've hand sewn on I might add, and Needlepoint Embossing Folder Border.

Now anyone who knows me well, knows I absolutely hate sewing.  Sewing a button on is about my limit, as I find it a real chore, so this is a really special card for me, just to make it for this challenge.



I've used the Linen thread to sew on my button.  Cardstock used is Pool Party, Whisper White and Crumb Cake.  Inks are Pool Party and Island Indigo.

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my stitches effort.


Comments

  1. Very pretty, Carolyn! i love the way you've used the paper doily and the pop of ribbon is just perfect. Thank you for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both Carolyn! That is why I'm definitely not joining in. Shudder! But good on you for the button. I like the cut off top note with the ribbon and button at the top instead. Lovely ribbon effect with the gathering. Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki, the ribbon is from the Artisan pack

      Delete
  3. I am thrilled that you participated in my stitchy challenge this week, since you don't like to sew! I love your pretty embellishments...your card is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Carolyn! Lots of pretty details to look at! I have to tell you I can't sew for the life of me! I just took 7 pairs of work pants in to be taken up and it cost me $117 - imagine the SU products I could've brought with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Narelle, I try to avoid sewing wherever possible and I'd rather pay to have hems done for me too.

      Delete
  5. Very sweet! I love doilies, and the cross stitch embossing on the bottom is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks