Just Add ......a Shaped Card - JAI#151 Challenge


Hi Everyone,

When I found out this weeks challenge was shaped cards at Just Add Ink, I immediately wanted to play along and make one of my favourite easel cards.  Then once I saw Narelle's gorgeous sample I thought I should do something different and mentioned that in some comments on our Demonstrator only showcase "Stampin Connections" not wanting to copy her Window Frame design, which is what I originally thought i would do.  However, she told me is was OK to use the same framelits die and has challenged me to go ahead.

Here goes:-  The More Amore Specialty Papers are perfect for Valentines Day cards, however as they are not so big in Australia as in the States (and I don't have a need to make more Valentines) I thought they are also perfectly suited to Wedding Cards or even Mother's Day which is what I have chosen to do today.


I think my favourite of all the framelits now is the Window Frame dies.  I absolutely love the new Flower Trims too which really add a lovely touch to cards.  My Cardstock is Basic Gray, Very Vanilla and Pool Party and I've added texture by embossing my More Amore patterned papers with the Square Lattice die on both the front of the easel and the base.


I've used the Heart shaped framelit from the Hearts a Flutter set - embossed with the Lacy Brocade Embossing folder and the Bitty Banners Framelits.

Thanks so much for stopping by to view my card.  I hope you will leave a comment while you visit.


Comments

  1. Very cute - a lovely Mothers Day Card with pretty colours. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - very pretty Carolyn! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I love the window frames as an easel card and the way you have put the dsp on the inside bit. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Carolyn. You've used the lovely new products so well. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used the window framelits Carolyn, they are perfect for an easel card, lovely colours as well. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn this is lovely and I like your colour choice. It is always nice to various takes on similar ideas, stamp sets etc so never be afraid to try something someone else has done. Thanks for joining in with our shaped card challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha - I really was just messing with you when I challenged you! However, I'm so glad you played along with us and your card is absolutely gorgeous! These colours together are so pretty and not one I have put together before (I may have to steal this combo idea from you!) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks